15.2.12

Melancholia 

I have not been hit this hard by a film for a very long time. 

Kristen Dunst and Charlotte Gainsbourg blew me away. I absolutely loved the parallel between the planet "Melancholia" and depression and anxiety. I feel that each character in the film had a form of depression, and when the reality that their world was coming to an end brought out the ugly side of the sadness that each one had been repressing. 

I loved the character "Claire" as I feel her anxiety at the world ending and her desperation to take control of the situation in any way is very close to how I feel I would react in such a situation. 

This is a film I am going to be thinking about and talking about for a very very long time. Such a good job, incredible. Blown away. 






1 comment:

  1. oh Nadia I agree! I watched this and couldn't help but be drawn in and cry at the end. It was beautifully sad. Lars Von Trier is amazing xoxo Bri

    ReplyDelete