29.12.11

2011

I believe this will be my last entry for 2011. This year has been a tough one. I have had to fight off a few little demons. I have met some of the best people and got rid of some of the worst. I have forgiven people and I have berated people. I have had a lot of time to think. 

I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I want to focus more on art, music, and keeping the people that really matter close to me. 

I hope you enjoy your New Years Eve, keep safe, love those close to you and don't get consumed by pointless and meaningless gripes, life really is quite short. 



Forests are free theres nothing they need
I lie on the needles listening to its beetles
The scent of the worm the coo of a bird
The creak of the wood everything as it should
The clack of my bones the thought of blood as it flows
The tremulous heart as it falters and starts
Pieces of glass are no longer sharp
Bottles thrown into the sea long ago
Kids on the beach learning to drink 
Eventually tossed into the foam in the rocks
Hearing a new song for the very first time
It started me sobbing like it pulled something from me
Listening to songs I used to when I was young
Remembering friends when we all hated our beds
We giggle and croon, cackle and swoon
Keeping each other close like sisters and brothers
Ive been missing the past ever since I was cast
And now that Im old
Now that Im old
I miss you 10,000-fold

-Grand Salvo

No comments:

Post a Comment