6.1.12

Melbourne 

Months ago, I booked a holiday to Melbourne to get away and catch up with some old friends. That time has come and I could not have had a nicer week. Yesterday was spent wandering Fitzroy and Acland street in St Kilda. It's been so beautiful, nice weather perfect skies. Last night was spent making mischief with my dear friend Mikaela. This morning I was lucky enough to catch up with my beautiful friend Rosa. Rosa is one of those people that inspires you to get out, do things, read books, draw, better yourself. She's amazing and inspiring and seeing her today was exactly what I have needed for so long. I have spent a few evenings alone in my hotel room checking and double checking that I am doing exactly what I want to be doing. The answer? it's yes. If only I could actually apply myself!

The time alone has also made me reflect on all the special people, but mainly one. I have not been this happy in years, and I have not met anyone as smart and generous as he is. I think Gill said it best this morning in a post on facebook:

"...In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each of us responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel. I am convinced that no one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it."

Tonight I am going to have dinner in Chinatown with Mikaela, read a couple of art journals I found today on Greville street and finish my drawing. I love Melbourne, it brings out the best in me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment